Sunday, May 31, 2009

Some thoughts on Athens


Greece is beautiful, and it is so much different. Athens is so beautiful, and it is soooo huge. I couldn't believe how many cops littered the streets, for seemingly no reason at all. For some reason, this doesn't make me feel very safe, as there are people in the streets that are readily and openly doing some pretty shady dealings, especially in certain parts of town. And traffic guys.....traffic. Pedestrians have to mob the street to get an opening to cross, and I know that I've almost been hit at least five times in the last four days. But the food is delicious. All that feta cheese, olive oil and fresh fruits and veggies really agree with me. Plus, drinking-one could sit right out on the street and drink, if one wishes. In fact, it was rather nice-the day before yesterday, we were going to the acropolis, and a few of us decided to drink a bottle of wine in the square before entering the place. It was nice, relaxing and refreshing....And I know that it's merely a novelty at this point, but it is so nice to be able to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment