Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I am here now

So, I'm here sitting on the roof of he Attilos hotel in the middle of Athens drinking a glass of Grecian rose wine, wondering how I ever got so lucky. From here, I can see the Acropolis, which is one of the most beautiful sights, especially illuminated in the early twilight. There are these beautiful blue blossomed trees here, and they fascinate me. They're so beautiful. There is a balcony outside of our hotel room, and it is amazing. I'm totally going to be waking up early to look at the Grecian sunrise.

So, the plane rides were seeminly endless, but oh so worth it. I especially loved being in the German airport, and asking a non-german person what time it was, auf deutsch. He looked at me, as though I were the biggest dumbass ever, and stated solemly that he was Canadian, and didn't know what the hell I was saying. So, laughed and asked again in English and apologized. He was nice enough after that. However, I really got to show off the German I did know to the sweetest German family on the plane to Athens.

Today, I'm a little shell shocked by the awesome of it all. I have a couple of pictures, but I'll definitely post some tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment